Monday, February 6, 2012

I was not born a farmer, or was I. When growing up I was always afraid of the animals. We had a cat here and there but living on a busy road they always seem to turn up missing. We spent some weekends on Bartletts farm, then I only observed from a distance. Watching the boys ride the cows, feed and do the chores. I remember those day fondly. Then in 1999 we got our first goat and it been all uphill since them.. Adding critters here and there, finding my farming way. In 2006 we bought this old farm and began working towards selling legal raw milk. That could be a story in itself. For the most part it has went very well. This year adding cow shares and a few new things to make my job easier and give some insurance that the milk we work so hard for is sold.
Now to just find farm help so I can still take vacations and go camping like my father and mother instilled in my blood. Till next time!

No comments: