Monday, February 3, 2014

2014

adding to my new blog is impossible google will not allow it. Struggling daily with technology. So I will just switch to adding to this blog. I wanted to get a blog to encourage others to farm, follow your dream and never give up. I love what I do the farming end of it. Love creating cheese with my milk and love eating and tasting all the products.  Testing the laws and doing what some tell me can not be done. Got married young and made it work check, Homeschooled my children check, fostered many lovely kids check,  adopted two beautiful daughters, became a farmer check, selling raw milk following the laws check, opening a creamery working on that :).  Almost everything is in place new floor, floor drain, wall painted, shelving, new fridge delivered, Tim is still working on water and electric. Equipment can be picked up on the 15th. Long ride but excited to get my creamery.

Thinking my first goat Play-doe will kid this week, there is another 8 I feel will kid in the next few weeks. With pasture breeding it sure can be a surprise.  No easier with the cows We were using stricly AI with some cows never getting bred. Finally bought a young bull Ollie (picture below) and after a few tries I think he has bred Doty and Nesha. We had been trying AI on Nesha since May. So excited to think that she finally settled. The big swiss Emily was in heat last week called the AI guy for her as she is a bit tall for Ollie. Fingers cross and we will have lots of milk next fall for raw milk share holders and cheese making.

No comments: